Re: [Developers] Boards Maqnager - external sources

Mikal Hart

Apr 3, 2015, 9:23:30 PM4/3/15
to devel...@arduino.cc

-------- Original message --------
From: Todd Treece <to...@uniontownlabs.org>
Date:04/03/2015 8:07 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [Developers] Boards Manager - external sources

Roger,

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see if OS X stores that file somewhere else. I wrote that simple proxy server because I couldn't find any mention of that with the OS X install when searching with ack. This returns no results in 1.6.3:

todd:And q11rduino.app todd$ ack PACKAGE_INDEX_URL

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 5:54:35 PM UTC-4, Roger Clark wrote:
If you are on windows, you can simply add a line to the arduino.l4j.ini file in the install root

-DPACKAGE_INDEX_URL=http://www.yoururl.com/package_index.json

Of course this could be done with a simple local web server rather than a real server out on the web.

Then it will load a file of your choice

(PS. There is probably an equivalent on Linux and OSX)

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Todd Treece <to...@uniontownlabs.org> wrote:
I was looking for a way to test out board packages, and wrote a simple proxy server yesterday to add custom packages to the Board Manager. Not sure if this is a worthwhile stop gap until custom boards can be added through official methods, but I thought I'd post it helre in case it could help: https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-arduino-proxy

It hasn't been tested heavily, but it seems to work ok.

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 3:04:54 PM UTC-4, Brian Cook wrote:
Federico,

Thank you for the feedback.

Do not make it a bounty on my behalf.  I can be patient and I do not
have to means to do it myself.

Thanks,
Brian