Version 1.6.1 time frame?

Paul Stoffregen

Feb 24, 2015, 1:37:24 PM2/24/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
I noticed the revision log was updated to version 1.6.1 last Thursday.

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/commit/606604d7d6c4bf12f022e013836347c4001f77b2

Is another release imminent?

Federico Fissore

Feb 24, 2015, 2:48:22 PM2/24/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Paul Stoffregen ha scrito il 24/02/2015 alle 19:37:
> I noticed the revision log was updated to version 1.6.1 last Thursday.
>
> https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/commit/606604d7d6c4bf12f022e013836347c4001f77b2
>

> Is another release imminent?

Hi Paul

while I can't share the actual date, 1.6.1 is soon to be released

As a general rule, we will start with a new version number the day after
a release (or as soon as some issue gets fixed and merged)

This will help removing some confusion: both users using a release and
users using a nightly saw their IDE version stuck at, say, 1.5.8

By incrementing the version number as soon as a release is published,
nightly users have clear feedback that they are using something new

Regards

Federico

Paul Stoffregen

Feb 24, 2015, 3:20:00 PM2/24/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
On 02/24/2015 11:48 AM, Federico Fissore wrote:

> while I can't share the actual date, 1.6.1 is soon to be released

Like many other 3rd party developers who publish something that works
with the Arduino IDE, the release of 1.6.0 after years of 1.5.x betas is
turning out to be a pretty big deal. Users suddenly want stuff to work
in 1.6.0, and that's a good thing. A very good thing, I believe! :)

As we all update for 1.6.0, it'd be nice to have a little better idea if
"soon" means 1.6.1 is a matter of days (worth delaying software so end
users don't have to update twice) or a matter of weeks or months away.

Any chance you, Cristian & Massimo can drop a hint on the time frame?

FRANCISCO JAVIER ZORZANO MIER

Feb 25, 2015, 7:25:27 AM2/25/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Hi Federico:

We have been working to integrate some libraries and products and the IDE, pretty successfully. The structure is great to include new things in Windows and Linux. But, how can we integrate devices or libraries in the Mac version? The package is signed fully by Arduino, so we cannot add files... In any case I'm utterly ignorant about Mac, possibly a single clue will serve us.

Thank you and best regards.

Francisco Javier Zorzano Mier
Physical Internet Lab
Telefónica/CCDO Org/Innovation & Digital Disruption/Product Innovation/Internet of Things
+34 630538546
@zorzano, zor...@tid.es, sk: zorzano

Feb 25, 2015, 8:23:49 AM2/25/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Hi Francisco

your question is pretty off topic, so I'm changing the subject

Short answer: sign the mac package with your own key, as we do.

You probably want to say clearly that the custom version of the Arduino
IDE you ship differs from the original one. Say it loud by signing it.

Regards

Federico

FRANCISCO JAVIER ZORZANO MIER ha scrito il 25/02/2015 alle 13:25: