Atmega32u4 USB without a crystal

Pierce Nichols

Feb 8, 2015, 12:25:08 PM2/8/15
to Arduino Developers
Does anyone know whether it is possible to successfully modify the
Leonardo or Micro firmware to run on an Atmega32u4 using only the
internal RC oscillator? Can it be done with an 8 MHz main clock at
all? I'm working on a Micro variant that has to run on 3.3V for other
reasons, and it would be wonderful not to have to buy a crystal.

-p

--
Pierce Nichols
Principal Engineer

Mike

Feb 8, 2015, 12:39:38 PM2/8/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Mr. Nichols, see http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=193590.0 for more info.

Pierce Nichols

Feb 8, 2015, 7:10:22 PM2/8/15
to Arduino Developers
Mike,

Ok, related question -- is it possible to run the bootloader and
serial interface as low speed devices? I really don't know much about
USB so the answer is not clear to me.

-p