Simple Arduino Scheduler

Mikael Patel

Feb 4, 2016, 4:21:42 PM2/4/16
to Developers
Please find a minimalistic Scheduler for Arduino AVR boards, Arduino Due and Teensy 3.1 on github. There are plenty of test and example sketches, and a set of benchmarks for performance details.

This is an "extended sub-set" of the original Arduino Due Scheduler API. It has basically only one function; start a task with setup and loop function parameters and an optional stack size. The implementation is a port from Cosa.

   bool start(taskSetup, taskLoop [, taskStackSize])

For further details such as benchmark results please see the README file.

Hope to discuss further development of the Scheduler API to allow additional functionality such as queue handling, low power mode, etc.

Cheers! Mikael

andre...@andjo.co.za

Feb 5, 2016, 4:42:42 AM2/5/16
to devel...@arduino.cc

Hello Mikael

I wrote my own scheduler 3 years back due to a lack of one for the UNO R3 at that point.

I am interested in the subject and would be wiilling to help test/develop etc.

Regards

atajahangir moshayedi

Feb 5, 2016, 8:29:05 AM2/5/16
to devel...@arduino.cc
hi
i read some article on net that people program the Pro-mini without FDTI programmer with the subject of Arduino Examples #2 Use an  Arduino as a FTDI Programmer

i tried the same configure that people said but i was not successful

vbextreme like C

Feb 5, 2016, 2:01:17 PM2/5/16
to Developers

Mikael Patel

Feb 6, 2016, 5:18:27 AM2/6/16
to Developers
Latest update includes support for SAMD (e.g. Arduino Zero). Would appreciate if someone could take the time to run the example, test and benchmarks. Cheers! Mikael

Mikael Patel

Feb 6, 2016, 5:23:54 AM2/6/16
to Developers
@vbextreme
This issue is typical for what happens if the task stack size is too small. After adjusting the task stack size to something more reasonable the test sketches work as they should. Cheers! Mikael