Participation in GSOC 2016

Arnav Gupta

Jan 27, 2016, 1:23:07 PM1/27/16
to devel...@arduino.cc
Hi,

I will breach this topic once again this year.
Would Arduino like to participate in GSOC 2016 ?

I was a student participant in GSOC 2015. I would love to be able to participate in GSOC with a project under Arduino.

Best
Arnav

Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz

Mar 17, 2016, 4:06:41 PM3/17/16
to devel...@arduino.cc

I think, Arduino community is not interested mentor some student with nice project thought GSoC. I don't know the reason.

Cristian Maglie

Mar 17, 2016, 5:02:02 PM3/17/16
to devel...@arduino.cc

Hi,

this year we applied for the GSoC, but our submission has been reject.
The response from Google has been:

"Thank you for applying to be a Google Summer of Code 2016 mentor
organization. Sadly, we were unable to accept Arduino this year. We had
many more applications than we had available slots this year but we do
hope you will apply again in the future."

Il 17/03/2016 21:06, Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz ha scritto:
> I think, Arduino community is not interested mentor some student with
> nice project thought GSoC. I don't know the reason.
>
> On Jan 27, 2016 4:23 PM, "Arnav Gupta" <champio...@gmail.com
> <mailto:champio...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I will breach this topic once again this year.
> Would Arduino like to participate in GSOC 2016 ?
>
> I was a student participant in GSOC 2015. I would love to be able to
> participate in GSOC with a project under Arduino.
>

> Best
> Arnav

Carlos Pereira

Mar 18, 2016, 5:22:14 AM3/18/16
to Developers
Out of curiosity, would you guys mind sharing what the projects submitted were?
>     <mailto:developers+unsub...@arduino.cc>.

Paul Stoffregen

Mar 24, 2016, 7:55:33 AM3/24/16
to devel...@arduino.cc
FWIW, I agreed to help mentor with Portland State University this year.

If any students *really* eager to work on Arduino related projects happen to read this, perhaps submit a proposal to PSU before the deadline tomorrow!  Feel free to email me off-list.

Arnav Gupta

Mar 24, 2016, 11:30:31 AM3/24/16
to devel...@arduino.cc

Hi Paul,

I'll try to shoot off a proposal regarding the Arduino IDE by tomorrow.

Best
Arnav

>     send an email to developers+...@arduino.cc
>     <mailto:developers+...@arduino.cc>.

Massimo Banzi

Mar 24, 2016, 11:52:16 AM3/24/16
to Arduino Developers
Please lets coordinate on this… There is no point in making a proposal if it doesn’t fit in what we want for the IDE

there are several issues on the Github repo, let’s start from those

Arnav Gupta

Mar 24, 2016, 1:06:32 PM3/24/16
to devel...@arduino.cc

Yes I intend to make a proposal that can cover a large number of the existing issues.