Possible bug in Windows version

Collin Kidder

Nov 9, 2015, 9:40:28 AM11/9/15
to developers
Before I create an issue on github for this I thought I'd ask if it is
really a bug or desired behavior.

If you have a sketch in a folder with different case than the sketch
name it will say that you have to move it to a folder with the same
name as the sketch. Technically it already is, just the case is
different. On windows this is totally irrelevant - the file system is
case insensitive. Shouldn't it not issue this error if the only thing
different is the case of the letters?

It happens in 1.6.6

Adrian Godwin

Nov 9, 2015, 9:42:00 AM11/9/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
No, it's a really bad habit to ignore case. It makes the sketch non-portable.