Watchdog Timer for Zero

Wayne Holder

Sep 2, 2015, 6:27:04 PM9/2/15
to Arduino Developers
Are there any plans to implement a watchdog timer interface that would work across all families (AVR, Due, Zero, etc.)?  This is really a critical feature for many embedded applications.

Wayne

bob cousins

Sep 3, 2015, 3:55:14 AM9/3/15
to Developers
I did a watchdog patch for Arduino Due.

Unfortunately, now that Arduino are not publishing all the source files for Zero, which is a basic requirement for an Open Source project, I am not inclined to do anything further.

I can understand why Arduino are abandoning Open Source, but it's a damn shame.

Cristian Maglie

Sep 3, 2015, 4:59:38 AM9/3/15
to devel...@arduino.cc

Bob,

the source code is here:

https://github.com/arduino/ArduinoCore-samd

> --

Cristian Maglie <c.ma...@arduino.cc>

Cristian Maglie

Sep 3, 2015, 5:01:58 AM9/3/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Wayne,

a watchdog API like the one did for Due is something usable for you?

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/3111

q2dg2b .

Sep 3, 2015, 5:34:43 AM9/3/15
to Arduino Developers
Well, three weeks ago I put this issue on Github: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/3663 and nobody has already answered anything. Umm...

On the other hand (sorry if I'm offtopic)...an AVR & ARM timer-based interrupts API would be very appreciated too,

BOB RAPHTONE AFWATA

Sep 3, 2015, 6:38:53 AM9/3/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Its really cool Thanks alot