Examples Menu Changes in 1.6.6?

Victor Aprea

Nov 30, 2015, 9:01:23 PM11/30/15
to Arduino Developers
Hi all,

It seems like something must have changed in terms of what sketches are displayed in the File -> Examples menu. I include a few examples with my board package as ino files in a libraries folder of my package, and named the same as the example sketch.

These example sketches conveniently showed up in Arduino 1.6.5 under the Examples menu. They do not appear in the Arduino 1.6.6 Examples menu. Has anyone else noticed this and can anyone help shed some light on why?

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Federico Fissore

Dec 1, 2015, 2:38:55 AM12/1/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Hi

Victor Aprea ha scritto il 01/12/2015 alle 03:00:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems like something must have changed in terms of what sketches are
> displayed in the File -> Examples menu. I include a few examples with my
> board package as ino files in a libraries folder of my package, and
> named the same as the example sketch.

Does the IDE print a warning about a malformed library inside your core?

Federico

per1234

Dec 1, 2015, 3:39:27 AM12/1/15
to Developers
You need to add a dummy .h file to the library folder for the examples to show in the File > Examples menu of Arduino IDE 1.6.6.