Yun "polemic"

Álvaro Lopes

Feb 24, 2015, 3:02:08 PM2/24/15
to Arduino Developers
I assume you all saw this today on Hackaday:

http://hackaday.com/2015/02/24/is-the-arduino-yun-open-hardware/

I don't recall seeing any post from him on this list (which, due to the nature of his questions, might have been more appropriated).

I don't actually "mind" at this point that design is closed, but many people do.

Any comments ? I had a couple of people complaining about this, or at least trying to understand what is going on.

Alvie

bob cousins

Feb 25, 2015, 4:25:00 PM2/25/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
Never mind the Yun, the elephant in the room is http://hackaday.com/2015/02/25/arduino-v-arduino/

Seems like a big deal to me, I don't know why it isn't more widely reported.

Pierce Nichols

Feb 26, 2015, 6:20:24 PM2/26/15
to Arduino Developers
I suspect it's because the only information available on the subject
is in a rather dry court filing and those involved have offered no
public comment.

-p
> --

Pierce Nichols
Principal Engineer
Logos Electromechanical, LLC

bob cousins

Feb 27, 2015, 10:31:02 AM2/27/15
to devel...@arduino.cc

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 11:20:24 PM UTC, pierce wrote:
I suspect it's because the only information available on the subject
is in a rather dry court filing and those involved have offered no
public comment.

They have been talking to the Italian media, it seems. Lack of information never seems to prevent comment on the internet.

Either way, now that arduino.org have launched the "Arduino Zero Pro" I think the impact of the dispute will be a bit more real and less abstract.