Problem with library manager under v1.8.19 ...

Dave

Jan 20, 2022, 12:51:53 PM1/20/22
to devel...@arduino.cc

I recently installed v1.8.19 and have begun to get the attached error whenever I use the library manager.

I found the same error under an earlier version and updated to v1.8.19 to see it it might fix it - it didn't.

Is this a known errer or is it something I've broken ?

Any help welcome,
David

Alessandro Ranellucci

Jan 20, 2022, 12:54:12 PM1/20/22
to devel...@arduino.cc
Hi Dave,

you could try the steps described in this forum post:

  - Alessandro

On 20 Jan 2022, 18:51 +0100, Dave <soft...@hotmail.com>, wrote:

I recently installed v1.8.19 and have begun to get the attached error whenever I use the library manager.

I found the same error under an earlier version and updated to v1.8.19 to see it it might fix it - it didn't.

<Image%202022-01-20%2017-42-12.jpg>

Is this a known errer or is it something I've broken ?

Any help welcome,
David

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice: This email and all attachments are confidential and for the designated recipient(s) only. They may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or among the intended recipients, you may not use, read, retransmit, disseminate, store/copy the information in any medium or take any action in reliance upon it. Please notify the sender that you have received it in error and immediately delete the entire communication, including any attachments.

Dave

Jan 20, 2022, 2:53:19 PM1/20/22
to devel...@arduino.cc

I tried that but the problem still exists !!  :-(

Dave

Martino Facchin

Jan 21, 2022, 4:26:29 AM1/21/22
to devel...@arduino.cc
Hi Dave,

it looks like the issue comes from this package https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ReleaseScripts/blob/master/package_drazzy.com_index.json (which is the only one on the web providing avrdude 6.3.0-arduino17or18 (no idea what it means though).

I suggest you to open an issue here https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ReleaseScripts

You could also try to remove the core you installed (like megaTinyCore) and reinstall it.

Cheers M

Dave

Jan 21, 2022, 5:17:17 AM1/21/22
to devel...@arduino.cc

Spot on - I use "AtTinyCore" and removing that line from the preferences fixes it ... but I need AtTinyCore for a current project :-(

I'll raise an issue now.

Dave