APTrust's New Demo System

Andrew Diamond

Sep 22, 2022, 4:37:46 PM9/22/22
to community
Hello everyone,

We've just launched our new demo system at https://demo.aptrust.org. Take some time to poke around when you have a chance. We're still polishing a few rough edges in the UI, but we wanted you to have a look before next month's member meeting.

This is the culmination of three years of work, and I want to thank Flavia Ruffner for sticking it out through the long, grueling home stretch.

Try uploading and restoring a bag. Test out file deletion, two-factor authentication, and other features. (Note that if you push items into Wasabi storage, you will not be able to delete them for 90 days. That's part of their service agreement.)

See if you can break anything, and if you can, tell us about it at he...@aptrust.org.

The new system is a complete rewrite of Pharos and our existing services, bringing improvements in performance, cost, scalability, maintainability and extensibility.

We'll delve into these improvements at our member meeting.

For those of you using the Pharos REST API, note that the new Registry REST API includes a number of changes. For more on that, see the Registry Overview and the list of API Changes.

Andrew Diamond
Lead Developer, APTrust

p.s. Try reloading the login page and see if you can identify any of the libraries that appear in the photos.