New DART Feature: Batch Jobs

Andrew Diamond

Jul 24, 2020, 11:59:40 AM7/24/20
to community
Hello APTrusters,

We released version 2.0.9 of DART today, which includes a new "batch job" feature. This feature lets you apply a workflow to dozens or hundreds of bags at once.

You can, for example:

1. Define a workflow that
    a) bags items in APTrust or BTR (Beyond the Repository) format, and then
    b) uploads those bags to our demo repository.
2. Next step, create a spreadsheet with information about directories you want to bag.
3. Feed DART the spreadsheet and tell it to apply the workflow to everything in it.

DART will bag and ship it all for you.

This is a beta feature, so if you want to test it, please test against our demo repository (or any S3 or SFTP endpoint other than our production repo).

Useful links:
We hope to have training videos up soon to walk you through DART's features.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Andrew Diamond
Lead Developer, APTrust

Joshua Allan Westgard

Jul 30, 2020, 12:02:48 PM7/30/20
to Andrew Diamond, community
Hi Andrew:

Congrats on the latest release of DART. I'm having trouble running DART on Mac OS 10.15.6 (Catalina). I get an uncaught exception (below) after installing the executable. I tried building from source, including building an earlier version (2.0.3) and also ran into issues. Was able to run tests after downloading the source but had one failure related to sftp and upload handles.

What's the best way to report these issues?

Josh

--
Joshua A. Westgard, MLS, PhD
Systems Librarian, Digital Programs

Andrew Diamond

Jul 30, 2020, 2:08:53 PM7/30/20
to Joshua Allan Westgard, community
Hi Josh,

If you have a GitHub account, the best way to report problems is to open a new issue at https://github.com/APTrust/dart/issues/.

I opened one for this problem at https://github.com/APTrust/dart/issues/317. Try downloading DART again and see if this new build has the same problem.

If you don't have a GitHub account, you can email bug reports to sup...@aptrust.org.

Let me know if the new build fixes the problem, and if you continue to run into SFTP problems.

Andrew Diamond
Lead Developer, APTrust