New Tool: Python PREMIS Generator

Nathan Tallman

Jan 30, 2024, 8:32:59 AMJan 30
to community
Good morning, APTrust community!

I hope everyone is doing well, I'm looking forward to the advisory committee meeting next week. I wanted to share a new tool with you that a colleague at the University of Rochester created. It's a Python script that will generate PREMIS (XML or JSON) for a given set of files;  it requires a CSV with identifiers. You can find out more on GitHub at rochester-rcl/premis-generator: A Python utility for creating PREMIS records from a CSV file (github.com).

If you're looking to generate PREMIS pre-APTrust, this might be handy.

Have a great Tuesday,
Nathan