question about title field in aptrust-info.txt

Jose Blanco

Oct 19, 2023, 2:45:09 PM10/19/23
to community
I have a dspace instance and I'm trying to use this tool: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/ReplicationTaskSuite

I was experimenting with it, and I see that in the file aptrust-info.txt it places this value for for title for all the items:

Title: My Title

"My Title" is a value the tool gets from a configuration file.  Should this be the title of the item/work or is this a general title describing the repository?

Thank you!
-Jose

Andrew Diamond

Oct 19, 2023, 3:05:40 PM10/19/23
to Jose Blanco, community
Hi Jose,

The title field should contain the name of the item, collection, or intellectual object that you are bagging up for preservation.

The title is usually something like:

- "Ansel Adams, El Capitan, 1947" (for a single item, in this case, a photo)
- "Ansel Adams Photos, 1947" (for a collection of files)
- "Ansel Adams Photos, 1 of 20" (for a collection split into multiple bags)

By the way, are you a member of the APTrust Community Slack channel? If not, we can add you. These types of questions get answered pretty quickly in there.

Andrew Diamond
Lead Developer, APTrust

Jose Blanco

Oct 19, 2023, 3:28:32 PM10/19/23
to Andrew Diamond, community
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your quick response. I did put a request for the slack
channel, but have not received an email.

BTW, do you know anyone with a dspace instance that is using this
tool: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/ReplicationTaskSuite ?

Thank you!
-Jose

Tallman, Nathan

Oct 19, 2023, 3:45:11 PM10/19/23
to Jose Blanco, Andrew Diamond, community
Hi Jose,

Several years back, when I was the University of Cincinnati, I used the Dspace Replication Task Suite to produce AIPs for APTrust. The code is on GitHub, but it hasn't been touched in 8 years and we had a very old version of Dspace, so mileage may vary. https://github.com/uclibs/aptrust-tools-dspace-rts

You'd want to update some things:
* bags/pushTar.sh -- update for your receiving bucket
* tools/*.xslt -- update the static values in XSLT for your organization and be sure they are pulling from the right field based on your metadata schema.

Thanks,
Nathan

--
Nathan Tallman (he/him)
nt...@psu.edu

On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 3:05 PM Andrew Diamond <andrew....@aptrust.org> wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> The title field should contain the name of the item, collection, or intellectual object that you are bagging up for preservation.
>
> The title is usually something like:
>
> - "Ansel Adams, El Capitan, 1947" (for a single item, in this case, a
> photo)
> - "Ansel Adams Photos, 1947" (for a collection of files)
> - "Ansel Adams Photos, 1 of 20" (for a collection split into multiple
> bags)
>
> For more info, see
> https://aptr/
> ust.github.io%2Fuserguide%2Fbagging%2F%23aptrust-infotxt-file&data=05%
> 7C01%7Cntt7%40psu.edu%7C9f07bc0158fd4c3745df08dbd0d99621%7C7cf48d453dd
> b4389a9c1c115526eb52e%7C0%7C0%7C638333406989882351%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZ
> sb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3
> D%7C2000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=o%2F6UTd39jd3NwtxbhiEl5k%2BjS4PUahrJA2vW20EEdy
> s%3D&reserved=0
>
> By the way, are you a member of the APTrust Community Slack channel? If not, we can add you. These types of questions get answered pretty quickly in there.
>
> Andrew Diamond
> Lead Developer, APTrust
>

> On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 2:45 PM Jose Blanco <bla...@umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I have a dspace instance and I'm trying to use this tool:
>> https://wik/
>> i.lyrasis.org%2Fdisplay%2FDSPACE%2FReplicationTaskSuite&data=05%7C01%
>> 7Cntt7%40psu.edu%7C9f07bc0158fd4c3745df08dbd0d99621%7C7cf48d453ddb438
>> 9a9c1c115526eb52e%7C0%7C0%7C638333406989882351%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3
>> d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%
>> 7C2000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=5SKNpBoA4hZvs5Dpweykx48npN5GeREdPYWYV8yBh0A%3D&
>> reserved=0
>>
>> I was experimenting with it, and I see that in the file aptrust-info.txt it places this value for for title for all the items:
>>
>> Title: My Title
>>
>> "My Title" is a value the tool gets from a configuration file. Should this be the title of the item/work or is this a general title describing the repository?
>>
>> Thank you!
>> -Jose

Andrew Diamond

Oct 19, 2023, 3:55:10 PM10/19/23
to Tallman, Nathan, Jose Blanco, community
Jose,

I have not used the DSpace Replication Task Suite.

You should receive an invite to the Slack community channel soon. Try posting your question there, as there are quite a few practitioners in the channel.

Andrew Diamond
Lead Developer, APTrust

Jose Blanco

Oct 25, 2023, 2:58:31 PM10/25/23
to Tallman, Nathan, Andrew Diamond, community
Hi Nathan,

I was just looking at this and it looks really promising.

From what I can tell the RTS does not create the aptrust-info.txt file
correctly (title field is always the same). So I'm thinking either
change the RTS tool, which I think may have its challenges, or run
your code against the output of RTS, which seems like it could be
pretty straightforward.

Thank you for sharing this with me!
-Jose