Flavia Ruffner joins the APTrust team

Chip German

Nov 20, 2020, 4:19:56 PM11/20/20
to APTrust community, APTrust advisory committee
APTrust colleagues:

I’m writing belatedly to let you know how pleased we have been to welcome Flavia Ruffner to the APTrust team, beginning on November 9.  Flavia is responsible for developing and maintaining the APTrust infrastructure and services, in addition to managing continuous integration and delivery of its applications.  Her title is DevOps and Security Lead Engineer, which recognizes the additional skills in security that she’ll be putting to use immediately to APTrust’s benefit.

Flavia comes to us most recently from Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc., here in Charlottesville, and prior to that role she worked in Information Technology Services at UVA. She holds a B.I.S from UVA, an M.I.S. in Applied Information Technology from George Mason University (which she earned while working at UVA), and an assortment of certificates in project, security, and technical specialties.

Flavia joins Andrew Diamond, Bradley Daigle and me on the APTrust team.  She succeeds Christian Dahlhausen, who left us this summer to move his family back to his native Germany.

I asked Flavia what she’d like folks in our community to know about her beyond her job role, and here’s what she said:

“In my early life, I professionally raced thoroughbreds as a jockey, sang opera, and acted. The latter two I still do today, and I’ve been on screen at the Virginia Film Festival in multiple award-winning films. My pursuit of the arts, as well as horses, has sent me traveling to places such as Japan, Spain, Germany, and exotic locations such as Cuba, Mongolia, and Kyrgyzstan. Such wanderlust gives me the opportunity to explore not only the culture of performance, but also the uses of the technology I support as an engineer, sometimes from the back of a horse in the middle of the steppes. I expect to continue those journeys post-pandemic for as long as I can. My other pursuits include martial arts, voice overs, and supporting community needs.”

I think she’s just joined a community of kindred spirits, don’t you?  Please join me in warmly welcoming her.  Her email addresses with us are ac...@virginia.edu and flavia....@aptrust.org.

Chip

R. F. (Chip) German Jr.
Program Director