selective activation of G+ - will it affect other users?

Allan Chen

Jan 28, 2013, 7:03:29 PM1/28/13
to sout...@appsusersgroup.com
Hi all,
I see that enabling G+ turns on google talk and +.  If I turn on the premium feature but limit it to just a small set of people for testing, will all users suddenly get google talk activated?  Or would they still be restricted?  Do I need to restrict each of them separately?

thanks,
allan

Jordan Pedraza

Feb 12, 2013, 9:47:10 PM2/12/13
to Allan Chen, Southwest Apps Users
Hi Allan,

If you want to enable Google+ on an OU, then Talk must be activated. This is regardless of enabling premium features.

Thanks,
Jordan

Follow us on
Twitter, our Edu Google+ Page, and
our
Enterprise Google+ Page for news & ideas
Check out Google Apps Users Groups
Jordan Pedraza | Global Community, Google Enterprise Education |  +jordanpedraza |  @jordanpedraza

Allan Chen

Feb 13, 2013, 2:04:58 PM2/13/13
to jordan...@google.com, Southwest Apps Users
Jordan,

thanks.  but will Talk be activated for all users in the domain?  Right now we have Talk on, but only accessible by admins while we test it out and build plans for deployment.  I don't want to suddenly turn it on for everyone just because I want to try G+.

allan

--

Chief Information Officer
Menlo College

Jordan Pedraza

Feb 13, 2013, 5:59:17 PM2/13/13
to Allan Chen, Southwest Apps Users
Hi Allan,

Wherever you enable Google+, Talk will need to be enables as well. You cannot active G+ Premium Features without enabling Google+.

Thanks,
Jordan

Follow us on
Twitter, our Edu Google+ Page, and
our
Enterprise Google+ Page for news & ideas
Check out Google Apps Users Groups
Jordan Pedraza | Global Community, Google Enterprise Education |  +jordanpedraza |  @jordanpedraza

Galetrail @Appirio

Mar 12, 2013, 8:38:37 AM3/12/13
to sout...@appsusersgroup.com, jordan...@google.com
Google Talk is a core service and it can be turned on or off by OU. Go to Organizations And Users>Go to the OU you want to turn it ON/OFF for>Go to the services tab>Turn Talk ON/OFF.