Granular Capabilites

Crocker, Gene

Sep 21, 2011, 3:59:10 PM9/21/11
to Southeast Apps Users
Good Afternoon,

I have another feature request I would like to bounce off the group.  It would be helpful if a member of our domain could belong to more than one sub-organization.  Not a major issue but it would be nice to be able to assign members to more than one.

Second is a request for more granular control on the settings.  For example, under the e-mail section of settings it would be nice to be able to enable POP / IMAP for just a sub-organization instead of the entire domain.  Due to security concerns our Information Security Officer will not allow the activation of POP / IMAP for the entire domain but would consider it on a case by case basis.

Neither are major issues but improvements that would be helpful.

Thank you,

Gene Crocker
Director IT Operations
Office of Public Health Statistics and Information Systems
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
2600 Bull St., Columbia SC 29201
Phone (803) 898-3789

Fax (803) 898-3714
E-mail : croc...@dhec.sc.gov

This e-mail and any included attachments are intended
only for the addressee(s).  The information contained
herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this
e-mail in error, or have reason to believe you are not
authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this
message and notify the sender by e-mail.

Thank you

Jordan Pedraza

Sep 21, 2011, 4:05:00 PM9/21/11
to Crocker, Gene, Southeast Apps Users
Hi Gene,

The second feature suggestion is on our radar and we're developing more granular settings across all of the Apps.

I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts on your sub-OU question too.

Thanks!

Jordan Pedraza | Google Apps for Education | jordan...@google.com | (650) 253-6250