Google wallet

Robert Spellman

Mar 18, 2014, 1:56:03 PM3/18/14
to nort...@appsusersgroup.com
A user requested that we enable Google Wallet for our domain. Is anyone else using this service? Where there any concerns about turning it on?

Rob Spellman
Bates College
Information and Library Services

Jason Parkhill

Mar 18, 2014, 2:04:59 PM3/18/14
to Robert Spellman, nort...@appsusersgroup.com
Hi Rob,

Up here at Colby, we opted not to enable it because it would put us in a position of having "control" over an account where we could gain access to the user's saved credit card info. Not in the user's best interest, either. That said, we have only had vague inquiries, not sustained pressure to activate it.

Jason

Jason Parkhill
Director, Academic Information Technology Services
Colby College

Martin Sager

Mar 18, 2014, 2:19:02 PM3/18/14
to Jason Parkhill, Robert Spellman, nort...@appsusersgroup.com
We get occasional requests to activate Wallet occasionally. From our perspective, it's like paypal or any other service you might link to your email account with banking information. That being said we haven't yet enabled it and I'm not sure if we will.

Martin Sager
University of Michigan