Calendar Invitations - Notification Behavior for Delegates

Obodda, Stephanie

Jul 11, 2012, 3:53:27 PM7/11/12
to Northeast Apps Users
Hi All -

I wanted to poll the great brains here and confirm that this is the way calendar notifications are supposed to behave in a delegated calendar situation (where an assistant is receiving notifications for a manager).

Calendar delegates do not receive email invitations for their manager's calendars if they (the assistant) created the event.

For example:
  • Sue is a delegate for Mary's calendar

  • Sue creates event on her own calendar (or another calendar, like a department calendar) and invites Mary

  • Even though Sue is subscribed for notifications on Mary's calendar, she does not receive an email notification (I suspect this is because she created the event herself)
I tried but could not find anything about this specific behavior in a web search (but I did test and confirm with an assistant here). If an assistant is trying to handle RSVP management for his/her manager via email, he/she has to remember to go to the calendar instead for these events.

I've heard that for people managing several calendars this can be extra work, and was wondering if this is a bug, or if not, if there is a workaround...

Thanks,
Stephanie