New North America Apps Group and Landing Page

Jordan Pedraza

Aug 22, 2011, 11:41:02 AM8/22/11
to Northeast Apps Users, Mid-Atlantic Apps Users, Southeast Apps Users, Northcentral Apps Users, Southwest Apps Users, Northwest Apps Users, North America Apps Users, Apps Regional Leads
Hi All,

As you may know we now have 6 U.S. regional groups for Google Apps users with great kickoff meetings and active mailing lists. Many of you have asked about two things: if we have a central landing page for all of the regional groups, and if we will have a larger North America Apps Users mailing list since a lot of the things we discuss are not that regionally specific. To that end, I am happy to announce 2 new things:

1) A new global landing page listing and linking off to all of our regional groups: Appsusersgroup.com. You'll also find announcements, calendars, and resources on the site and as we continue to launch new groups we will keep adding them here. This page will make it easier for new and existing customers to find all of the groups and connect with each other.

2) A new North America Apps Users mailing list (northa...@appsusersgroup.com). If you are currently registered for any of our regional groups, you will be automatically added to this larger mailing list. So now Southeast users can easily ask Northwest users about provisioning accounts, or Northeast users can ask the Southwest useful APIs. We will still keep the regional group mailing lists active as it will be easier to plan regional events on them. But when you have a general question, feature request, or suggestion please share with the North America group so everyone can chime in and it will be easier to share the feedback with Google’s product teams.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback. I’m excited to see these groups grow and interact with each other - in our North America group we now have 607 individual members, representing approximately 4.12 million users from your organizations, and the numbers keep growing everyday. Perhaps we’ll look at a national North America meetup in the future!

Thanks for your participation and contribution to the groups!

Jordan

Jordan Pedraza | Google Apps for Education | jordan...@google.com | (650) 253-6250