Important Question Regarding Google Contacts

Luke Leonhard

Nov 8, 2011, 1:00:05 AM11/8/11
to Northcentral Apps Users
Hello Google Users,

I'd really appreciate it if i you read the email below, and answered this simple 2-question survey that will take about 45 seconds of your time!

As many of you know, the default behavior is that Google automatically adds people you email to your "Contacts" list.  Our users love this.  It works great, and doesn't require extra work to add contacts!

One negative side effect is related to our corporate contacts.  For example, lets say I emailed Sarah...@bradycorp.com.  The first time I email her, it pulls from our corporate directory type-ahead.  Future times I email her, its also available from my "Other Contacts".  Then, lets say that Sarah leaves Brady.  Even when she's removed from our corporate directory, she looks available in my type-ahead in email, because she's "stuck" in my "Other Contacts".

Although Brady could instruct users to turn off the "automatically create contacts to users I email" feature, we'd like to have these orphaned "Other Contacts" from users address books to avoid confusion.  I imagine this would be a relevant issue for businesses, but also for schools who remove students who graduate.

I'd like to share these results with Google, so Brady won't have to write custom application code to resolve this issue that affects most organizations.

Thank you very much!

 - Luke Leonhard

______________________________________
Luke Leonhard - Phone:  (414) 455-1230
Additional Contact Information and Schedule
Web Services Manager, Brady Corporation

Jordan Pedraza

Nov 8, 2011, 11:50:24 AM11/8/11
to Luke Leonhard, Northcentral Apps Users, northa...@appsusersgroup.com