Help with WebProxyPortlet

Sandra Turgeon

Jul 25, 2021, 2:14:32 PM7/25/21
to uPortal Community
Good afternoon,

I'm trying out a new installation of uPortal using uPortal-start to see if it will meet our needs. We have used uPortal 3.x in the past, and I'm attempting to replicate the old WebProxy channel pass-through behavior with the current WebProxyPortlet.

- the portal is located on a web server in our domain, say https://portal.mysite.com
- we have a proprietary web application hosted on an internal web server, the url would be something like https://web.mysite.com/services/menu.htm
- menu.htm has relative hyperlinks to various services for our users to a location on the same site such as /services/service1.htm
- when a logged in user clicks on the link for service1 above in the WebProxyPortlet, they should remain inside the WebProxyPortlet. I can see from hovering over the links that the relative URL is now pointing to the correct location - namely https://web.mysite.com/services/service1.htm, however when I click the link, the browser window is being replaced with the link in question instead of the new page being rendered in the WebProxyPortlet.

I've been looking through the documentation, but I can't find anything that points to hyperlinks remaining in the portlet. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Sandra

Benito Gonzalez

Jul 26, 2021, 5:52:26 PM7/26/21
to Sandra Turgeon, uPortal Community
Hi Sandra,

Inspect the link tags. Is there a target attribute set to _bank or _top? Does the target attribute also match (or differ) from the URL in the website menu page?

-bjagg

Message has been deleted

Sandra Turgeon

Jul 27, 2021, 12:30:24 PM7/27/21
to uPortal Community, bgonzalez, uPortal Community, Sandra Turgeon
Thanks for replying Benito.

There is no target attribute set in the links, it is just a plain .htm file with relative links as follows:

To see if it was anything to do with my uPortal-start installation, I re-cloned uPortal-start from git, ran gradlew portalInit, started up the embedded Tomcat, then set up the Web Proxy Portlet with the same test as above, and still get the same behavior.

Is this the expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Benito Gonzalez

Jul 27, 2021, 2:11:07 PM7/27/21
to Sandra Turgeon, uPortal Community
Are the links the same in the Portlet view?

-bjagg

Sandra Turgeon

Jul 27, 2021, 4:15:36 PM7/27/21
to uPortal Community, bgonzalez, uPortal Community, Sandra Turgeon
The links in the portlet view are rewritten with the target server/domain.

So if I look at the html source of the portlet, the links are

Benito Gonzalez

Jul 27, 2021, 4:26:48 PM7/27/21
to Sandra Turgeon, uPortal Community
Ah! I get it now.

Next chance I have time, I'll dig deeper.

-bjagg