FREE "Open Apereo Lite" Conference in Europe

Patrick Masson

Feb 16, 2024, 3:35:57 PMFeb 16
to in...@apereo.org

Hello all,

I’m reaching to invite you and your colleagues to join Apereo this summer at OW2Con in Paris. OW2con is FREE to attend, open to all, and a fantastic opportunity for the Apereo community across Europe to reconnect in person, share what you're working on, and grow your network among open source, higher ed, and edtech peers.

This year OW2Con includes a dedicated track on open source in education, science & research--perfect for the Apereo and your projects. The RFP process for OW2/Open Apereo Europe CLOSES SOON, FEBRUARY 25th!!

Please consider submitting a 15-minute talk! We’d love to have as many of Apereo’s projects, partners, and people represented as possible

Even if you cannot make it, please pass on this information to others--in your project, on your campus, with your organization--who may be interested in attending.

Ten reasons to attend OW2!

  1. A dedicated breakout room; host your own project-specific event.
  2. A specific track for education and research.
  3. Meet technical peers: recruit contributors, find new projects, make connections.
  4. Join educational colleagues: meet others in your field, working in your discipline, and share your interests.
  5. Find open source collaborators: discover new projects, find new collaborators, build your network.
  6. Participate in a live Apereo MicroConference panel.
  7. Engage with business: OW2 is focused on corporate open source with opportunities to create commercial partnerships.
  8. Great place for students to be exposed to open source within and beyond academia.
  9. Reconnect with the European Apereo community.
  10. ...and again, the event is FREE!

Please share if you submit a talk proposal and/or if you plan to attend in June!

Thanks so much and hope to see you in Paris. Patrick

--

Patrick Masson
Executive Director
Apereo Foundation