Block uPortal 4 for signed in users?

Lauren Anderson

Aug 25, 2020, 2:17:30 PM8/25/20
to uPortal Developers

Is there a way to block uPortal 4 users from seeing their normal layout if they belong to a specific PAGS group? We’d like to prevent users from accessing their normal (Welcome) layout if they haven’t taken our online COVID-19 training. Users who haven’t taken the training are in a CovidTrainingNeeded PAGS group.

Asking for a friend… J

Lauren

Benito Gonzalez

Aug 25, 2020, 2:45:28 PM8/25/20
to Lauren Anderson, uPortal Developers
Hi Lauren,

Yes. The first way to do this would be to create pags such as "student-taken-covid19-training" and use that in the fragment definition. That pags group would duplicate the student pags group with the check for the covid19-training in the same test suite. Test suites are ORed while the tests inside are ANDed.

There might also be a PAGS test to check if someone is a member of another group.

See if you have this tester in your code.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Benito