Planning for uPortal Dev Days 2023

Benito Gonzalez

Aug 22, 2022, 10:44:52 AM8/22/22
to Developers, uPortal
Hi folks!

We are starting to discuss the major details for our next Dev Days gathering. We have two items to discuss in this thread -- when and where.

So far, we are looking at late January / early February for 2023. This is far enough in the future for planning purposes. This is also a time between classes at my institutions, so folks are more likely to get away from work. Does this time frame work for you?

Second, is location. While we would appreciate it if someone could arrange for free conference rooms at their campus, we consider a city with a major airport and entertainment venues also important. To this end, we are currently considering the following cities:
- Orlando, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- New Orleans, LA

Have any other locations in mind?

I do want to touch on the content of Dev Days. While Open Apereo is now focusing on new people at a high level, Dev Days will be about the current state of the project along with many technical sessions. We also will have a few sessions on managing uPortal at an institution. We will also ask that folks consider presenting to promote different perspectives. Stay tuned for more details.

Best,
-bjagg

--
Benito J. Gonzalez