Fwd: CIO : Student Portals

Patrick Masson

Sep 28, 2021, 9:44:10 AM9/28/21
to uPortal Steering Committee, uPortal Users, uPortal Developers
Hello uPortal Community,

I am on several Educause email lists where folks working in higher ed IT often reach out for advice and assistance. The below request for information about portals was posted today and I thought there might be an opportunity to introduce uPortal to Grand Valley State University.

If there is an institution on one of these uPortal lists, that is also an Educause member, you can respond directly on list via Educause Connect. (https://connect.educause.edu/community-home?CommunityKey=9a6e8d7e-16c5-4600-bd7d-5c8c117fb947).

Unfortunately a direct response from from Apereo to suggest one of our projects is discouraged by Educause, as it is seen as promotional, but a peer institution would be appropriate.

Hope this is of interest,
Patrick

Sep 29, 2021, 12:34:50 PM9/29/21
to asg...@oakland.edu, uPortal Users, uPortal Developers, uPortal Steering Committee
THANK YOU Aaron :-)

I saw your reply on the Educause CIO list sharing Oakland's implementation of uPortal.

I sent a note out to the uPortal lists (below). I'm not sure if you saw these, but  thank you for helping raise awareness (and adoption)!

Take care,
Patrick