New uPortal and portlet releases compatible with Java 11

Benito Gonzalez

Jan 21, 2023, 10:35:57 AM1/21/23
to Developers, uPortal, uPortal Community
Hi folks,

We have been focused on moving uPortal to Java 11 compatibility. This week, we have finished merging in needed changes and cut releases for uPortal and the standard portlets. They are:

ReposGithubVersion
Resource-Serverhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/resource-server1.5.0
Announcementshttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/AnnouncementsPortlet2.5.0
NewsReaderhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/NewsReaderPortlet5.1.0
SimpleContenthttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/SimpleContentPortlet3.4.0
JasigWidgetshttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/JasigWidgetPortlets2.4.0
Calendarhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/CalendarPortlet2.7.0
WebProxyhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/WebproxyPortlet2.4.0
Notificationhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/NotificationPortlet4.8.0
Bookmarkshttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/BookmarksPortlet1.3.0
Feedbackhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/FeedbackPortlet1.3.0
BasicLTIhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/basiclti-portlet1.5.0
Courseshttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/CoursesPortlet2.1.0
uPortalhttps://github.com/uPortal-Project/uPortal5.14.0

Please consider testing these in your environment with Java 11. While we did perform light testing, with so many changes we do expect some issues to surface.

Note that uPortal-start also requires some changes, so you will need to update your uPortal-start with more than just these version numbers. Some Gradle changes were also needed.

Finally, I would like to thank all those that contributed to this long-coming effort. You can see the contributors in the release notes.

Have a great weekend!
-bjagg

--
Benito J. Gonzalez