Sitestats User Activity - User View

Austin

Sep 14, 2021, 10:18:10 PM9/14/21
to sakai-dev
Hello Sakai Devs,

I would like to test out the Sitestats User Activity feature in Sakai 20+.  I believe I followed the instructions correctly in:

And I can see the User Activity tab when logged in as an instructor, but when logged in as a Student (and the tool is 'visible' to students) the admin view is displayed instead of the student view as described in SAK-41489

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,

Austin

Brian Jones

Sep 15, 2021, 9:04:23 AM9/15/21
to saka...@apereo.org
SAK-41489 is not related to the User Activity feature. The purpose of
User Activity is to track the activity of students across tools. As
such, there is no "student view". User Activity works with permissions
instead: sitestats.usertracking.be.tracked determines if the role type
is exposed in User Activity, sitestats.usertracking.track determines if
the role type can see and use the User Activity tab in Statistics.

Hope this helps,
--
Brian Jones
Programmer/Analyst

Austin

Sep 15, 2021, 8:44:56 PM9/15/21
to Brian Jones, saka...@apereo.org
Thanks, I didn't realize that User Activity and Sitestats for Students were two separate things.  However, I'm still seeing some weird behavior with the sitestats.own permission in realms.  if the tool is locked to students in site info, then if you enable sitestats.own in realms, it works, the student can see the "student view widget".  This also makes the tool unlocked in site info, which makes sense... but then if you re-lock, then unlock it, that adds the sitestats.view permission, so then students can see the "instructor view" of the tool... so you have to go back into realms and remove the sitestats.view permission.  it also gets a bit tricky if you toggle the "make visible/invisible" in site info.