Icons used in the Tool Navigation menu (Side)

Claudia Roberta

Jun 4, 2024, 4:47:21 PMJun 4
to sakai-dev
Hi guys!

I would like to add an icon to a new tool.
The README file:
 **How to change default tool Icons:**

    1. File that maps the Font-Awesome to Morpheus Tools in the tools list and Course List is [/library/src/morpheus-master/sass/base/_icons.scss]...

    2. There are 2 sections to this file .
        * Icons used in the Tool Navigation menu (Side) . To change the icons in this section you have to modify the extends under  *.Mrphs-sitesNav__submenuitem{ .toolMenuIcon{*...  The list on the left hand are the tools in Sakai and right hand side are the icons from font-awsome, ex: in the line  ```&.icon-sakai--sakai-schedule{ @extend .fa-calendar;}``` ...

    3. You have to re compile the theme to apply the changes.

We are using the morpheus-default skin. This skin does not have the file that the README says that have to be edited.

How should I proceed?

Tks,
--
Claudia Moraes
Larc - Laboratório de Arquitetura e Redes de Computadores

Maximilian Stendler

Jun 4, 2024, 5:17:32 PMJun 4
to Claudia Roberta, sakai-dev
Hi,

not sure if this still applies to the latest version, but what I used to
do to add an icon to a custom tool:

In the tool registration xml in src/main/webapp/tools adding the
following xml-tag within the tool tag:

<configuration name="imsti.fa_icon" value="fa-trophy" />

With the value being the corresponding fontawesome icon name.

Cheers
Max

On 2024-06-04 22:46, Claudia Roberta wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I would like to add an icon to a new tool.
> The README file:
>  **How to change default tool Icons:**
>
>     1. File that maps the Font-Awesome to Morpheus Tools in the tools
> list and Course List
> is*[/library/src/morpheus-master/sass/base/_icons.scss*]...
>
>     2. There are 2 sections to this file .
>         * Icons used in the Tool Navigation menu (Side) . To change the
> icons in this section you have to modify the extends under
>  *.Mrphs-sitesNav__submenuitem{ .toolMenuIcon{*...  The list on the left
> hand are the tools in Sakai and right hand side are the icons from
> font-awsome, ex: in the line  ```&.icon-sakai--sakai-schedule{ @extend
> .fa-calendar;}``` ...
>
>     3. You have to re compile the theme to apply the changes.
>
> We are using the morpheus-default skin. This skin does not have the file
> that the README says that have to be edited.
>
> How should I proceed?
>
> Tks,
> --
> Claudia Moraes
> /Larc - Laboratório de Arquitetura e Redes de Computadores
> /
> /
>
> /
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/sakai-dev/CAAfBv%3DQ-FJiJmUdhjCku6qPOBSPzTfeEjfOupwS8qQFDudkLrQ%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/sakai-dev/CAAfBv%3DQ-FJiJmUdhjCku6qPOBSPzTfeEjfOupwS8qQFDudkLrQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Claudia Roberta

Jun 4, 2024, 5:51:44 PMJun 4
to Maximilian Stendler, sakai-dev
Hi Max!

Thanks for the answer!
It worked well here.
--
Claudia Moraes
Larc - Laboratório de Arquitetura e Redes de Computadores
(16) 9 9199 2961