Samigo - another user's questions appeared in question pool

Austin

Sep 21, 2020, 5:16:52 PM9/21/20
to sakai-dev
Hello Sakai-Devs,

In our 12.7 Sakai instance, an instructor reported a problem where someone else's questions appeared in their question pool.  We're still gathering information about how the question pool was created, but it doesn't seem like that instructor was sharing any pools with anyone else.  But we're still looking into that.

Has anyone else seen behavior like this?  It sounds like an old bug that was closed because it wasn't reproducible.

But it also reminds me of:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-43225 Assignment - Instructor shown student/assignment for a different site
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-43173 Samigo Tests & Quizzes incorrect scores (while this one doesn't mention another class' data being shown, it mentions possible issues with "concurrency" which sort of sounds like this?)

It's not good that other sites' data is showing up this issue and SAK-43225, is there a larger issue at play here?  Will issues like these stop happening when we upgrade to Sakai 19 or 20?

Thanks,

Austin

Austin

Sep 22, 2020, 11:36:30 PM9/22/20
to sakai-dev
Hello Sakai Devs,

This problem happened again today with the same user.  At some point yesterday, the user created a pool and then a test with some questions.  Then this morning the user "noticed" that there were extra questions in the new pool.  It's unknown if the bad questions got added automatically by some process (or other user's action) that happened overnight, or if it was while the user was doing something and just didn't notice until the morning.

However, while looking into it, I found that the bad question that got added in has an itemid (from sam_item_t) that is the same as a published itemid (from sam_publisheditem_t) in an published assessment the user recently published.  That can't be a coincidence?

I've started a new JIRA for this:  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-44345

Thanks,

Austin