REMINDER ONE WEEK: Open Apereo CFP

patrick...@apereo.org

Mar 4, 2022, 11:42:23 AM3/4/22
to Patrick Masson

Hi all,

Just a reminder, Open Apereo's call for proposals ends in one week, Friday, Mar 11, 2022.

Open Apereo 2022 explores the value of open source software and communities to address higher education’s top IT issues and drive successful digital transformation on your campus, for your institution, and with our community.

Since 2020, EDUCAUSE’s “Top 10 IT Issues” have focused on Digital Transformation (Dx), “to better meet campus needs by leveraging technology and data.” The “Road to Digital Transformation” includes incorporating open standards into enterprise IT to “simplify” integration and IT management and open educational resources (OER) to promote “sustainability.” Open source software—driven by standards and devoted to sustainability—is another valuable resource campuses can leverage to optimize the institution’s operations, innovate in teaching and learning, and advance strategic initiatives; realizing the value and benefits of Dx. As Forrester puts it, “open source powers enterprise digital transformation,” urging, “CIOs need to embrace open source software to drive change.”

Open Apereo 2022 will take place online June 14th and 15th, with content prioritized between 1400 and 1800 UTC (0900 and 1300 US Eastern) on each day. Interactive plenary sessions will be delivered for the broadest possible timezone accessibility. We’ll be adding workshops and other events around these dates and times.

Open Apereo 2022 seeks to feature content contributed by open source practitioners and experts. There will be opportunities to interact, learn, network and share your stories and expertise. We’ll focus on making material available in advance to maximize your time to network with open source and higher education participants from around the globe. We’ll feature an increased number of short, punchy presentations along with traditional peer presentations, and exciting plenaries from across the broader higher education and open source community. Open Apereo 2022 will be accompanied by regional gatherings, local watch parties, hands-on workshops, and other events.

Open Apereo 2022 Call for Proposals: The Value of Open Source

Expect to see further announcements on these as planning progresses.

Open Apereo is an international, inclusive event organized by the Apereo Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to developing and sustaining innovative open-source software for education. Throughout the event, we’ll also feature a range of social events as well as opportunities for networking.

Deadline for proposals – Friday, Mar 11, 2022

Submit a proposal. Find out more here: https://www.apereo.org/content/open-apereo-2022-value-open-source

See you in June!