Open Apereo Conference - The 2020 Vision

Ian Dolphin (apereo)

Sep 4, 2019, 4:40:56 AM9/4/19
to announ...@apereo.org, Apereo Open List

After community consultation and feedback on Open Apereo 2019, we’re planning big changes for Open Apereo 2020.

A Focus on Affordability

A consistent message from our community is that budgets remain tight in higher education, greatly restricting travel to events. To address this, Open Apereo 2020 will take place on university campus. With reduced overhead, we can lower conference registration. Hosting the event at a university will lower accommodation costs and provide a greater choice of accommodation: a range of hotels will be supplemented by on-campus housing opportunities.

Digital Pedagogy + Development

The program will change dramatically in 2020. The Apereo Foundation's mission centers on sustaining software to support learning, teaching, and research. We are planning a day focused on real-world use and development of open-source software to support education and a day dedicated to digital pedagogy.

Throughout the event, we'll enhance networking opportunities for more software community meetings, alongside an exciting range of social activities.

Diversity

We're seeking greater inclusion by developing a program of Diversity Scholarships. We want to help those groups historically not well represented at Open Apereo to participate in the event.

The 2020 location is

Open Apereo 2020 will take place at the University of Michigan School of Information in Ann Arbor from June 15-19, 2020.

Be Part of 2020 Vision

Please hold the dates of the event on your calendar. We also welcome community members to participate in the planning and development of the conference. If you are interested, please contact e...@apereo.org.

Open Apereo 2020

Ann Arbor, MI, USA

June 15-19, 2020

Ann Arbor is in the US Eastern Timezone (GMT-4), just thirty minutes from the nearest international airport, Detroit (DTW).

Regards

Alan Regan, Chair of the Open Apereo Planning Group

Ian Dolphin, Executive Director, Apereo Foundation