"Carnegie Mellon Will Open-Source Its Digital-Learning Software"

Shawn Foster

Apr 8, 2019, 12:20:13 PM4/8/19
to Apereo Open List
Hi,

A colleague sent me this article today about Carnegie Mellon University
announcing "that it will give away dozens of the digital-learning
software tools it has built over more than a decade—and make their
underlying code available for anyone to see and modify."

https://www.edsurge.com/news/2019-03-27-hoping-to-spur-learning-engineering-carnegie-mellon-will-open-source-its-digital-learning-software

Apereo institutions might be interested in these now-available projects
from CMU. I also thought it might be an opportunity for Apereo to grow
its list of projects, if CMU were willing to contribute to Apereo or
looking for a place to host and support its projects. Although, it isn't
clear to me exactly what all they are making available...

(There is also a small Sakai mention in the article as well.)

-Shawn

--
Shawn Foster
eLearning Technology and Application Development