OSI Board Nominations - Interested?

1 view

patrick...@apereo.org

Feb 23, 2022, 10:42:36 AM2/23/22
to access...@apereo.org, anal...@apereo.org, europe-...@apereo.org, aper...@apereo.org, bedewo...@apereo.org, cas-an...@apereo.org, equel...@apereo.org, imagequi...@apereo.org, incub...@apereo.org, op...@apereo.org, o...@apereo.org, openre...@apereo.org, sakai-...@apereo.org, sakai-o...@apereo.org, sakai...@apereo.org, uporta...@apereo.org

Hello Apereo Community,

As you may know, Apereo is an Affiliate Member of the Open Source Initiative (OSI). As an Affiliate, we may nominate a candidate to fill one of the four Affiliate Seats of the OSI Board of Directors

Would anyone from the Apereo community be interested in a nomination? Apereo may nominate anyone; they do not need to be a member of Apereo, an Apereo project, or the OSI. Affiliates--Apereo--may only nominate one person. The Apereo Board will make our final nomination from those expressing interest.

Participating with the OSI Board is an excellent opportunity for Apereo to increase the awareness of educational issues and open source development in higher education while furthering our strategic relationship with the OSI, the OSI's partners, and the broader open source community.

I believe the OSI community generally supports candidates with:

  • senior leadership experience,
  • an active role in open source communities (does not need to be a developer),
  • prior board experience,
  • experience with legal / intellectual property / licensing and/or community development/management,
  • diverse backgrounds (geographic, technology, culture, open source communities).

Here is a FAQ from OSI with more details: https://opensource.org/board/elections-faq

If you are interested in running, please feel free to contact me directly at patrick...@apereo.org. Also, feel free to share this with others you think might be interested in supporting the OSI and Apereo. Finally, I'd be happy to provide you with any more information you may need; just let me know.

Thank you,

Patrick

--

Patrick Masson