[OAE] Downloading personal data

claire lozano

Feb 9, 2018, 10:23:39 AM2/9/18
to Open Academic Environment (OAE)

Hi again,

just before talking to Mathilde, I was in another development that is downloading personal data. The purpose of this development is to respect the "right to data portability".

I have some questions about this development. My first question is what data will be concerned ? Mathilde and I thought about :

    - Personal data from Principal table (email, login, name)

    - A list of his activities from ActivityStreams table (create/share a resource, add a comment, …)

    - All user rights on these resources

Maybe there is other data to include (?)

And my last question is : Where should I put the download button ? In the user view or in the admin view ? And where exactly ?

Best,

Claire L.

Miguel Laginha

Feb 12, 2018, 5:33:18 AM2/12/18
to claire lozano, Open Academic Environment (OAE)
Hi Claire,

Thank you for getting in touch.

A good way to gather all the data is just to log in and try to identify everything that may be downloaded and imported somewhere else. Let's do that:

- Personal data (picture, profile data, preferences)
- Library content (files, images, etc)
- Discussions the user has participated in
- Groups the user is part of and content within those groups
- Network: list of users following / followers

I was thinking that perhaps we can make some of these optional? For instance, we'd open a modal box and it would present something like the image in attach. What do you think?

I don't see activity events as something personal or being of any relevance in this regard.

Regarding the download button, that's a good question. Every user should have access to it so maybe create another menu item on the top left menu? We could also add another "entry" to the 'my preferences' modal box. What do others think?

_ miguel

PS. If you want to talk to me and Salla and have a chat, we're on gitter: https://gitter.im/oaeproject/Hilary

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 10.20.51.png