CAS-Management 6.5.5 and custom management.properties file location

Nathan Lewan

Jul 28, 2022, 4:39:40 AMJul 28
to CAS Community
hello!

So i'm coming off a successful deployment of 6.1 of  cas and cas-management, and trying similar deployment practices with the 6.5 branches. I've run into some things I wanted to mention to see if i'm just doing it wrong.

I can't leave well enough alone and like to have the cas.properties, and management.properties files in custom locations, along with services, and users.json, etc. I've had great success with using the SPRING_APPLICATION_JSON environment variable to define cas.standalone.configurationDirectory, which tells cas and cas-management where to look for certain config files.

CAS 6.5.5 is working beautifully with this, but CAS-Management 6.5.5 is choking.

Despite the catalina.out log stating that both cas and cas-management have found the cas.properties and management.properties files, cas-management appears to not read the contents.

Settings like the JSON service Registry folder location will not take if I just define them in the management.properties file. CAS picks up on the location defined in its cas.properties file, but not CAS-Management. I have just had luck defining it's location in the SPRING_APPLICATION_JSON environment variable using the same property as is written in the management.properties file. That got that part working, but then cas-management started to say it was looking in /etc/cas for things again, and failing.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

thanks!

Ray Bon

Jul 28, 2022, 12:27:45 PMJul 28
to cas-...@apereo.org
Nathan,

You can pass path locations as environment variables to the container or java:

-Dcas.standalone.configurationDirectory=/home/uvtomcat/casconfigserver_config/config
-Dspring.config.import=optional:file:///home/uvtomcat/casconfigserver_config/config/management.properties

The first line is what we used in our previous version of cas management, the second line is the one I added for version 6.5 (not sure why spring no longer finds the file in the directory).

Other paths can go in management.properties.

Ray

On Thu, 2022-07-28 at 01:39 -0700, Nathan Lewan wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.

Nathan Lewan

Jul 29, 2022, 1:53:44 PMJul 29
to CAS Community, Ray Bon
that did it!

thank you so much, I was really pulling my hair out on that one.