MFA Google Authenticator persistence issue?

Tim Tyler

Jan 23, 2018, 4:38:06 PM1/23/18
to cas-...@apereo.org

CAS Experts,

I am trying to setup Google Authenticator for MFA purposes.  It works fine in memory mode.  So now we want to install persistence for it on MariaDB.   So here is what we did.

1. We installed Mariadb and initiated it.

2. We created a database named "mfa" to store the registries.

3.  We have no idea what the schema should look like so we didn't create anything else.

4. We configured ca.properties with

cas.authn.mfa.trusted.jpa.url=jdbc:mariadb://localhost:1489/mfa

cas.authn.mfa.trusted.jpa.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MariaDBDialect

cas.authn.mfa.trusted.jpa.user=root

cas.authn.mfa.trusted.jpa.password=xxxxxxx

cas.authn.mfa.trusted.jpa.driverClass=org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver

So do we need a schema or does it get created automatically –and how?   When I login to CAS, we don't see any evidence of database changes, etc.  There are no tables in the mfa database.  But we still get the following error on CAS output:

<SQL Warning Code: -1100, SQLState: 02000>

2018-01-23 15:19:24,808 WARN [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper] - <no data>

What might we be missing or might be wrong?

Tim Tyler

Network Engineer

Beloit College