deploy docker image as root instead of /cas using war overlay with cas 6.1

Landon Heinrichs

Jul 15, 2020, 4:42:53 PM7/15/20
to CAS Community
I would like the deploy of cas to be at https://myUrl.com/   instead of https://myUrl.com/cas

currently I'm deploying it with docker using the cas war overlay. It seems to work fairly well, the one thing we need to figure out is how to change this.

We are currently using cas 6.1. The plan is to run it in a kubernetes/helm environment.

any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks.

Ray Bon

Jul 15, 2020, 5:06:21 PM7/15/20
to cas-...@apereo.org
Landon,

I have not tried this, but could you just change
cas.server.prefix: ${cas.server.name}/cas

cas.server.prefix: ${cas.server.name}/

Ray
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I respectfully acknowledge that my place of work is located within the ancestral, traditional and unceded territory of the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ Nations.

Robert Bond

Jul 15, 2020, 5:43:28 PM7/15/20
to CAS Community, Ray Bon
It might be better to just have your in ingress controller do a 301 redirect to the /cas
I have seen third parties hard code the /cas in their cas integration, even if they don't might throw them off initially.

Stef

Jul 16, 2020, 4:01:54 AM7/16/20
to cas-...@apereo.org
I think you have to use

server.contextPath=/

 if you're using embedded tomcat

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

Landon Heinrichs

Jul 16, 2020, 3:52:30 PM7/16/20
to CAS Community

Yes we are using the embedded tomcat, Stephane Delcourt that was the perfect answer and worked perfectly, we did have the chagne the cas.server.prefix as well to remove the /cas but it appears to be working.

Thanks everyone for your help!