Password does not match the password policy requirement.

stonej

Mar 14, 2022, 7:25:20 PMMar 14
to CAS Community
Hello All,

I am using CAS 6.5.1 and using the password management add on.  It all works fine with picking up the AD password expired setting, but I cannot seem to get a good password.

It asks for 1 lowercase, 1 uppercase, 1 number and 1 special character but no matter what I try i comes up that the password does not match requirements.

Any help ?
Thanks

Łukasz Woźniak

Mar 15, 2022, 4:33:50 AMMar 15
to cas-...@apereo.org
You've upgrade or have new fresh version? I've got similar problem but I'm upgrading instance from 6.3.7. And there was change in the template and policyPattern was null, because it was changed to passwordPolicyPattern. Check the template if You override it.

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

stonej

Mar 15, 2022, 7:39:12 AMMar 15
to CAS Community
I did upgrade from 6.5.0 but have updated the policy pattern to :

cas.authn.pm.core.password-policy-pattern=^(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*\d)(?=.*[$@$!%*?&])[A-Za-z\d$@$!%*?&]{8,20}

Also having issues with emailing from password management, but may have to log that as a seperate query

Thanks