I am new to CAS and am confused on how to set it up

Kanari Hirano

Jun 24, 2024, 12:26:28 AM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to CAS Community
Hello everyone, I am a trying to create a CAS server to integrate with an existing Django web application. I have tried various methods but am ultimately very confused because of the dependencies or the error codes. django-cas-ng only supports until Django version 3, and CAS version 3 as well.

Any clarification would help,

Thank you

Jeremiah Garmatter

Jun 24, 2024, 3:22:10 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to CAS Community, Kanari Hirano
Kanari,

If you're trying to create a CAS server, take a look at the following guides. They taught me how to set up CAS.
Paul Chauvet's Guide (more recent version of CAS): https://paulchauvet.github.io/deploying-cas/

Ray Bon

Jun 25, 2024, 12:41:12 AM (5 days ago) Jun 25
to CAS Community
Kanari,

The cas version 3 most likely refers to the cas protocol and not the cas server.
If the django plugin is not up to date, you can also use OIDC or SAML.

Ray

Jun 25, 2024, 10:28:56 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to cas-...@apereo.org
Kanari,

Where did you see that django-cas-ng only works with Django 3?  I have it running with Django 4.0.3.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS
Lafayette College