Data source configuration failing for audit and OIDC in 6.6.2

Vikash Chandra Ansh

May 12, 2023, 1:30:15 AM5/12/23
to CAS Community
Hi Team.

Recently I have upgraded my cas version from 6.5.2 to 6.6.2, but having one issue with deployment.

Whenever I am adding data source property for both jdbc audit and OIDC ..my deployment is getting stucked. However, it is working when I am providing the configuration based on url, username and password.

This JNDI or data source configuration is working fine in 6.5.2.  I don't know what exactly has changed with version 6.6.2.

Can anyone please help here.

Thanks and Regards
Vikash Chandra

Ray Bon

May 15, 2023, 5:06:37 PM5/15/23
to vikasha...@gmail.com, cas-...@apereo.org
Vikash,

What do the debug logs say?

Sometimes property names change with the versions.
There may be messages in the startup logs.

You can use this command to get a list of all properties:
$ ./gradlew exportConfigMetadata

See also this command:
$ ./gradlew tasks

Ray

On Tue, 2023-05-16 at 02:09 +0530, Vikash Chandra Ansh wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

Hi Ray,

Could you please help here

Ray Bon

May 15, 2023, 6:14:36 PM5/15/23
to cas-...@apereo.org, vikasha...@gmail.com
Vikash,

I am not sure I understand. audit and OIDC are two very different parts of Cas.
If you are storing tickets in a database, see https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.6.x/ticketing/JPA-Ticket-Registry.html which has the include as cas-server-support-jpa-ticket-registry.
The jar file will have the version in the name:
cas-server-support-jpa-ticket-registry-6.6.2.jar

Ray

On Tue, 2023-05-16 at 02:38 +0530, Vikash Chandra Ansh wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your revert...But all the properties are correct. It seems like there is jar issue. Both the audit and OIDC use the same jar, cas_server_ticket-jpa hibernate

Without data source configuration, application is working as expected.

Ray Bon

May 16, 2023, 12:09:58 PM5/16/23
to cas-...@apereo.org, vikasha...@gmail.com
Vikash,

What do debug logs tell you?

When configuring Cas (or any complicated tool) it is best to add one feature at a time.
When removing config, you have to remove from cas.properties _and_ from build.gradle.

Ray

On Tue, 2023-05-16 at 15:34 +0530, Vikash Chandra Ansh wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

Hi Ray,

I have tried to rove OIDC configuration and just added only jpa audit with data source configuration.
That too is failing.

Vikash Chandra Ansh

May 26, 2023, 6:58:55 AM5/26/23
to CAS Community
Hi Ray.

I have updated the version to 6.6.8 and the issue has been fixed.

Thanks and Regards
Vikash Chandra