CAS 6.4.42 WAR OVERLAY and JBOSS EAP 7.2

Udo Hermann

Feb 1, 2022, 11:19:26 AM2/1/22
to CAS Community
Hi, I just have a simple question: has anyone already managed to deploy the CAS WAR Overlay 6.4.4.2 (vanilla) into a JBoss EAP 7.2 on Windows 10?

Thx

Udo

Pablo Vidaurri

Feb 1, 2022, 12:21:41 PM2/1/22
to CAS Community, Udo Hermann
Try the following:

gradle.properties, set tomatVersion and appServer to blank:
appServer=
tomcatVersion=

Include this dependency in build.gradle:
implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-webapp:${project.'cas.version'}

Create src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jboss-deployment-structure.xml with following contents:
<jboss-deployment-structure>
        <deployment>
                <dependencies>
                        <module name="jdk.unsupported" />
                </dependencies>
                <exclude-subsystems>
                        <subsystem name="jaxrs" />
                </exclude-subsystems>
        </deployment>
</jboss-deployment-structure>

Do a gradlew clean build, then grab the cas.war and deploy to your wildfly instance

Udo Hermann

Feb 2, 2022, 6:02:45 AM2/2/22
to CAS Community, Pablo Vidaurri, Udo Hermann
Hi Pablo, thanks for the reply. Did this really work for you?

Pablo Vidaurri

Feb 2, 2022, 3:05:57 PM2/2/22
to CAS Community, Udo Hermann, Pablo Vidaurri
Yes, tested on local laptop to debug lib conflicts with wildfly modules before I deployed to linux wildfly instance.