CAS 6.1+ logging attributes of Principal instead of just id - why?

Petr Bodnár

May 31, 2023, 1:58:21 PM5/31/23
to CAS Community
When on DEBUG, I have noticed that CAS logs are very long. One of the reasons is that commit [Clean up ToString methods](https://github.com/apereo/cas/commit/e2dc0b995316b6bc5a6523b2581a4aa7127aca5e) changed the `SimplePrincipal` class toString() method behavior: instead of returning just "id", it returns all fields, i.e. also "attributes". I wonder if this was intentional and whether this shouldn't be reverted back to returning (and logging) just the principal's "id".

What do you think?