Request: CAS Support Letter

Patrick Masson

Sep 7, 2023, 2:22:59 PM9/7/23
to cas-an...@apereo.org
(Cross-posting on CAS Announcements and CAS Community)

Dear CAS Community,

TL;DR: Apereo is seeking grant funding to support the continued development and maintenance of CAS and needs letters of support from the user and development community as part of our application. Will you please help?

The Apereo Foundation, the non-profit home of CAS, is currently seeking grant funding to support our ongoing development and maintenance of CAS. We believe those working directly with CAS are best positioned to affirm CAS's pivotal role in ensuring secure access to their organization's digital resources. Your organization's endorsement through a letter of support will significantly bolster our grant application by demonstrating the global community's reliance on and commitment to the CAS project. We kindly ask that you consider drafting a letter of support affirming the value of CAS and its impact on your organization's operations.

Ideally, your letter will highlight the importance of continued development and the benefits CAS brings to your organization. Your support will not only aid in securing funding but also reinforce the collaborative spirit of the Apereo Foundation and the broader open source community. In the long run, this letter actually supports your own work and your organization. We greatly appreciate your consideration and are happy to provide any information or assistance you may require to complete the letter. We have attached a draft letter that you may use as is, requiring only a signature, or as a template for your own personal letter.

Thank you for your ongoing support and dedication to open source software. Your contribution will be instrumental in ensuring CAS remains a robust and reliable authentication service for organizations worldwide.

Best regards,

Patrick Masson,            Misagh Moayyed,
Executive Director,       Chairman, Project Management Committee,
Apereo Foundation       Central Authentication Service (CAS)
ApereoCAS_Support.odt