Open Apereo @ FOSSY & CFP

Patrick Masson

Apr 27, 2023, 3:05:11 PM4/27/23
to cas-an...@apereo.org, cas-...@apereo.org
Hello CAS Community,
This year Apereo is excited to join communities from across open education to organize the “FOSS For Education” community track at FOSSY. We invite you to join us and your peers from across education’s various open initiatives to share your best practices, innovations, and lessons learned in education technology, teaching and learning, content creation, and community practice (CFP now open).
The FOSS For Education Community Track provides sessions dedicated to using, developing, and managing open resources within academic environments, from multi-institutional consortia to departmental projects. This track seeks to highlight the common principles, practices, benefits, challenges, and models spanning the variety of open initiatives impacting teaching and learning environments and campus administration.

Topics include Free and Open Source Software, Open Access, Open Content, Open Courses/Courseware, Open Data/Research, Open Educational Resources, Open Textbooks… any open initiative impacting education today!
In addition to the FOSS For Education track, a variety of other tracks are available from the broader Free and Open Source community. One of the exciting aspects of attending  FOSSY is the many opportunities for cross-pollination. Free and Open Source Software does not operate in a vacuum; the diverse topics and interests allow attendees to meet and partner with others working on all aspects of openness: artificial intelligence (AI), community management, DEI, hardware, infrastructure, gaming, licensing, security, etc.
The FOSSY Call for Proposals (CFP) is open now through May 14th, 2023. You may submit proposals at: https://2023.fossy.us/call-for-proposals/
In addition, as FOSSY track organizers, we're inviting you to join us on the presentation proposal review committee. If you're interested in any of the open initiatives listed above, let us know. We could use your help in reviewing the proposals and planning the sessions.
For questions or more information about FOSSY, the FOSS For Education Track, or Apereo’s involvement, please contact confe...@apereo.org.
Thank you all, Patrick

--

Patrick Masson