Breathing new life into the Friends of Apereo program.

Michelle Hall

Jul 22, 2024, 5:03:15 PM (5 days ago) Jul 22
to Apereo Announcements

Breathing new life into the Friends of Apereo program.

Over the last several months, the Apereo staff has committed to revitalizing the Friends of Apereo program, introducing new professional and community opportunities through our extended individual memberships. We are excited to announce three key initiatives from these efforts.

  1. Introducing the FOA Ambassadors: this unique initiative invites members from Friends of Apereo to engage with outstanding leaders from the Apereo community. Members can access a dedicated LinkedIn group offering insights on institutional issues involving open initiatives, strategies for encouraging the adoption of open source projects and practices, career and professional development, and other discussions to further personal and institutional goals. We are delighted to welcome our first three ambassadors, Lucy Appert, Theresa Rowe, and Steve Swinsburg. You can take advantage of this unique opportunity by joining FOA today!
  2. Expanded Representation on the Apereo Board: The Apereo Board of Directors has added two new individual member seats, one for the 2024 election and another for the 2025 election. This expansion gives FOA members three seats on the Apereo Board, allowing them to engage more deeply with the Foundation, helping define the direction of Apereo annually. This expanded representation ensures that Friends of Apereo members have a significant voice in shaping Apereo's future.
  3. Help Us Reach Our Goal of 1,000 Friends of Apereo by December 2024!: Join the Friends of Apereo membership drive and be a part of shaping the future of educational technology. Your membership provides critical funding to support the Foundation and its projects, ensuring the sustainability of open source software that enhances education worldwide. More than just a funding campaign, Friends of Apereo fosters collaboration, idea exchange, and inspiration. By becoming a member, you contribute to our mission of innovation and collaboration in education technology. Together, we can make a lasting impact on institutions and learners everywhere. Join us today and be a part of this exciting journey!

--
Michelle N. P. Hall, Apereo Foundation Communications
michel...@apereo.org

Follow Apereo Foundation