uPortal ear : not just about Portlets anymore

Andrew Petro

Jun 23, 2017, 1:02:08 PM6/23/17
to uPortal Developers
The ear hasn't been just about Portlets for quite some time, what with bundling CAS and ResourceServer or so.

And with this rename the name of the directory containing the overlays for the wars included in the ear will reflect that it's not just portlets.

Nice evolution. Appreciate it, Drew.

-Andrew

Drew Wills

Jun 23, 2017, 2:24:24 PM6/23/17
to uport...@apereo.org
Here is another, similar name change proposal...

  - https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal-start/pull/11

"Rename directory 'uportal-data' to simply 'data'; also combine 'required'+'default' into simply 'base'"

(NOTE:  I've added this one to the beginning of a branch for UP-4875:  Provide Gradle-based support for Import/Export in uP5.  This PR won't be ready for a while.)

drew

Julien Gribonvald

Jun 26, 2017, 4:10:55 AM6/26/17
to uport...@apereo.org
Hi Drew, nice things !

I have a use case about Default datas that provides some difficulties, in my case I remove some things (mainly on groups), so it doesn't make a "clean" source package for me, or maybe there is a good way to avoid to load default datas and to load only custom required + default datas but following the original sources ?
After I have the same problem since a long time with default directory... The problem is mainly when I'm doing a rebase and merge to sync my customized version of sources. Or maybe you have a good practice to avoid a such problem ? After data's are inserted one time only, but I like to keep them to avoid to redo all things for the next "big" version update.
Also I don't see if there is an overlay for datas, maybe a good way to do ? I don't know what could be the best practice in this case...

Thanks
Julien.
--
Julien Gribonvald