project engagement tips

Tim Carroll

May 17, 2017, 11:33:28 AM5/17/17
to op...@apereo.org
Hi All.

Here is a decent article that I thought Apereo project leads and otheres might be interested in reading. There may be some tidbits in here that help plan or evolve engagement in your project.

https://www.oreilly.com/ideas/how-the-tensorflow-team-handles-open-source-support

Regards, Tim

Neal Caidin

May 21, 2017, 3:23:08 PM5/21/17
to Tim Carroll, Open
Thanks for sharing.

Gave me some things to think about.

We tried moving Sakai (and Apereo? I don't remember) questions over to Stack Exchange in 2014, but the requirements for getting a space were insurmountable for us at the time.

Maybe there are other options? Perhaps using our existing Google group more effectively and/or changing it's settings? I like the idea of getting off email and building more of a knowledge base, but I'm not sure if there are both good solutions that would meet our needs, and whether the community has the energy for such a move.

Best,
Neal