Database deployment failing due to deadlock

Toby Archer

Aug 27, 2019, 4:53:36 PM8/27/19
to uPortal Community
Has anyone else had dataInit fail on you because of a data deadlock on the database? During the importation of entities several of mine errored out with the information:

org.hibernate.exception.LockAcquisitionException: could not load an entity: [org.apereo.portal.portlet.dao.jpa.PortletDefinitionImpl#20]
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Transaction (Process ID 99) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

It seems like this shouldn't be hard to fix but I figured I'd check if anyone else has had this problem before I dive too deeply into fixing it.

~TA

Toby Archer

Jan 27, 2020, 10:35:08 AM1/27/20
to uPortal Community
To anyone who runs into this problem: For me, the issue was that there were vestigial connections from previous failed built attempts. Go talk to your DBMA and get the broken connections killed.

Toby Archer

Jan 27, 2020, 12:03:05 PM1/27/20
to uPortal Community
Never mind, I was wrong. I still occasionally cannot build.