Some Portlets Mandatory while Others Optional?

Ryan Richter

Mar 22, 2021, 11:36:46 AM3/22/21
to uPortal Community
Hi folks,

Right now we have a pretty static portal with most of the customization options hidden via CSS.

We'd like to move towards a more dynamic uPortal and allow user customization giving them the built-in ability to remove/move/subscribe to portlets.

But we would like to make certain portlets "mandatory." Is there a good way to accomplish that? I can see the "immutable" and "unremovable" attributes in the fragment layout definition. But I also see that they are no longer used.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

-Ryan

Benito Gonzalez

Mar 29, 2021, 5:20:34 PM3/29/21
to Ryan Richter, uPortal Community
Hi Ryan,

Yes, you can set some content as fixed and other content as optional. I assume you are familiar with the DLM fragment system -- at least the part where a "layout fragment" is one or more tabs with portlets on them. As you noted, you can set some to be movable and or removable. This is the key. Columns can also be locked in a similar way. Once you have it configured as needed, export the layout. You will see the attributes needed to effect these permissions.

Best,
-bjagg